Please note that the new version 2.4.1 of WordPress File Upload plugin has just been released.
This version is a major update as it contains many new features, both for Free and Pro version, as well as many bug fixes:
- Filters and actions added so that programmers can extend the functionalities of the plugin and make it work with other plugins.
- Added storage of file info, including user data, in database.
- Added logging of file actions in database – admins can view the log from the Dashboard.
- Many improvements to the included File Browser. Files can now be downloaded, while any related user data can now be viewed and edited from the File browser.
- Many improvements and bug fixes in the plugin elements (filelist, captcha, subfolders, userdata, File Browser, Shortcode Composer).
- Added postlink attribute so that uploaded files are linked to the current page (or post) as attachments.
- Addition of new variables.
- Uploaded files can be shown as image gallery below the plugin.
- Added css attribute and a delicate css editor inside Shortcode Composer to allow better styling of the plugin using custom css.
- Free users of the plugin can download it from wordpress.org, or by clicking straight here, or by performing update of the plugin through their Dashboard.
Users who have purchased the Professional version of the plugin can download the latest version by logging into their Iptanus account, selecting the order and downloading the new file.
For any questions, bugs or information please contact us.
The Iptanus team
27-Apr-2014: Version 2.4.1 of WordPress File Upload Plugin Released
5 thoughts on “27-Apr-2014: Version 2.4.1 of WordPress File Upload Plugin Released”
I can’t see the gallery! How it works?
you must add the following attributes in your shortcode: forceclassic=”true” postlink=”true” gallery=”true”
then, whenever you upload an image, this image will be attached to the page and will be shown below the plugin as an image gallery… please note that forceclassic=”true” will force the page to reload when a file is upload (so that it is included in the gallery)…
Your “Select a file” and “Upload” are sitting on top or each other in the theme that I am using. You can see this on the website page I have listed above. Is there a quick fix for this?
I am not a programmer and did not want to start digging into your script to try and make changes on my own.
please set uploadrole=”all” in the plugin’s shortcode so that I can see the plugin and propose to you some changes….
Which are the free updates and which are the pro ones?