Since version 4.12.2, released in 28th of December 2019, WordPress File Upload plugin has become more compatible with Elementor page builder.
Elementor is the most popular WordPress page builder plugin, having more than 3 million active installations.
Elementor uses its own way of handling posts, pages and widgets. Page/post contents are not stored in
post_content property of WP_Post object but in a custom post meta using a proprietary format.
This caused several incompatibility issues with WordPress File Upload plugin. The most important ones were that: a) it was only possible to add a plugin shortcode (upload form or file viewer) manually inside a post/page, and b) the shortcode composer was not working, so shortcodes could only be configured manually.
Version 4.12.2 brings the following compatibility improvements in relation to Elementor:
- A plugin uploader or file list instance can now be added in an Elementor page/post from Main page of the plugin in Dashboard.
- Plugin shortcodes can be added manually inside an Elementor page/post using Shortcode element of Elementor designer.
- Plugin shortcodes inside an Elementor page/post are displayed in Main page of the plugin in Dashboard normally.
- Plugin shortcodes inside an Elementor page/post can be normally edited using the shortcode composer.
- WordPress File Upload Form Widget is deactivated when Elementor page builder is activated.
For any questions or more information do not hesitate to Contact us.
The Iptanus Team