Sunday, 7-October-2018. New version 4.9.0 of WordPress File Upload plugin has just been released.
This is another significant update introducing Microsoft OneDrive uploads.
It also introduces some new feature improvements and bugs fixes. Here is a complete list of additions:
- Added Microsoft OneDrive integration. A separate technical article has been published with instructions how to activate it.
- Added Microsoft OneDrive Settings section in plugin’s Settings.
- Added Microsoft OneDrive Uploads option in Settings to connect to a Google Drive account and activate Microsoft OneDrive uploads.
- Added Microsoft OneDrive Default Path option in Settings to define the OneDrive path that will be used when transferring files to Drive through the File Browser.
- Added Include Userdata option in Settings to define whether to include additional userdata (if any) when transferring files to OneDrive through the File Browser.
- Added Conflict Policy option in Settings to define how to handle tranferred files to OneDrive destination through the File Browser when a file with the same name already exists at destination.
- Added Send to OneDrive file action in File Browser so that a file can be transferred to Microsoft OneDrive straight from the File Browser.
- Added Microsoft OneDrive Actions in Maintenance Actions tab in Dashboard area of the plugin, including buttons for reseting and clearing OneDrive uploads.
- Added Upload to Microsoft OneDrive attribute in Interoperability tab of the uploader shortcode to enable uploaded files to be transferred to Microsoft OneDrive.
- Added OneDrive Path attribute in Interoperability tab of the uploader shortcode to define the destination folder in Microsoft OneDrive; if it does not exist then it will be automatically created.
- Added Include Userdata attribute in Interoperability tab of the uploader shortcode to include userdata in the description of the file transferred to Microsoft OneDrive.
- Added Conflict Policy attribute in Interoperability tab of the uploader shortcode to define how to handle tranferred files to OneDrive destination when a file with the same name already exists at destination.
- Added several Advanced options in Dashboard area of the plugin to control Microsoft OneDrive upload parameters.
- Code further improved to reduce “Iptanus Server unreachable…” errors and inability to activate hooks (better operation of verify_peer http context property).
- Several improvements were made to File Transfers code to make it more reliable when transferring multiple files at once.
- File Viewer date function corrected to correctly convert UTC to local time.
- Corrected bug in File Transfers that was preventing file transfers to work on some occasions.
- Checked Weglot Translate compatibility; /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php needs to be added to Exclusion URL list of Weglot configuration so that uploads can work.
You can check more details in the Release Notes of the plugin’s support page.
Users can update to the latest version using the Update feature of the Plugins section of their Dashboard.
Iptanus team is constantly striving to make WordPress File Upload plugin more user friendly and more bug free, so it will continue issuing new releases. It is reminded that users of the Professional version, will have free updates of the plugin for a lifetime!!!
For any questions, bugs or information please contact us.
The Iptanus team