Many users experience the error “Iptanus Services Server Unreachable” when they open Main tab of WordPress File Upload plugin’s page in Dashboard, as shown below:
This error denotes that the plugin cannot communicate with Iptanus Services Server to perform some tasks, such as check latest version and get Dropbox keys. The most important implication of this error is that Dropbox function will not work.
The possible causes of this error are the following:
- The user’s web server is blocking outgoing requests to Iptanus domain at https://services2.iptanus.com.
- Iptanus web server is blocking incoming requests from user’s domain.
- PHP fopen function cannot open URLs because PHP directive allow_url_fopen is deactivated (set to 0).
Here are steps to resolve this error:
1. Go to plugin’s Settings in Dashboard, activate option Use Alternative Iptanus Server and save.
2. Go back to Main tab and check whether the error has gone.
3. If the error is still there, go to Settings again, set Post Method option to cURL and save.
4. Go back again to Main tab and check whether the error has gone.
The above actions will work in most of the cases. If the error still persists, then deeper troubleshooting is required. In this case please get in contact with Iptanus support.
The Iptanus Team
11 thoughts on “Iptanus Services Server Unreachable Error of WFU Plugin”
This worked perfectly.
However, a question:
I have set the following base directory: /wp-content/uploads/Results
… but it is ignored by the plugin. All files are put in /wp-content/uploads
Is it not possible to use a subdirectory under /uploads?
Hi, I suppose you have enabled medialink or postlink attribute in the shortcode? These options add the uploaded files to Media Library, so in order to function properly the plugin overrides the path with the default upload path of your website.
Thank you, it worked!
Nice and easy solution. More excellent work from a top-notch plugin developer.
Cosa cambia se metto la zecca su Switches to the alternative Iptanus server. E pure se campio a cURL. Danneggia mio sito ?
No it will not damage your website. It is safe.
Hi, I just experienced this problem. It was resolved through alternative server.
Can you promise this doesn’t happen again now that it’s been resolved once?
Iptanus server error prevented one page of the site to load complitely.
The site is operational only on january and it’s critical there is no downtime at that time.
Hi, since alternative server option worked for you, it is not expected to experience the same issue.
How do I make all uploads only to my dropbox? It’s still uploading to the uploads folder in wp
Hi, there is an option in the shortcode for deleting the local file after it has been transferred to Dropbox. Go to Interoperability / Dropbox and set Local File Action to delete.
I have done all mentioned solutions but the error is still there. could you tell me what should I do?